Why should I buy refurbished electronics?
- First and most obviously, you cannot beat the price of a refurbished computer! In fact, buying refurbished can offer dramatic savings, from 30-70% off of buying new.
- Second, it might surprise you, but refurbished products are often more dependable than new products. A refurbished computer often experiences a more rigorous testing and retesting procedure than a new product.
- It’s eco-friendly! Buying refurbished electronics takes those same devices out of the global e-waste stream. Similarly, buying a refurbished computer has a drastically smaller carbon footprint when compared to the electronics recycling processes.
Tech Discounts is a nonprofit retail store? How does that work?
- Tech Discounts is a division of Jobs Foundation, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit providing job training and practical experience for adults facing barriers to employment that prepares them to be more valuable employees with an expanding future. Tech Discounts also minimizes environmental impact by promoting reuse before recycling through Tech Dump, so we offer high quality refurbished and vintage electronics along with new.
Are products tested before you sell them?
- Yes, they are! Unless an item is brand new in its original sealed box, we test every item before we sell it. Our technicians complete very thorough testing to ensure it’s ready for purchase. Studies have actually shown that refurbished electronics go through more quality checks than items new off the shelf.
I need to buy a computer but I’m not sure what I want. Can you help me?
- Yes, we can! Our customer service representatives are friendly and knowledgeable. Whether you’re a tech novice or pro, we can help find the right computer for your budget and needs.
Do your products come with a warranty?
- Yes, they do! We stand behind the reliability of our products and offer a 30-Day Money Back Guarantee and 1-Year Warranty on all computers purchased through our online store to prove it. All other products purchased through our online store come with a 30-Day Money Back Guarantee and 90-Day Store Credit Warranty.
- All purchases made in our retail store come standard with a 30-Day Money Back Guarantee and 1-Year Warranty. Extend your warranty to 2 years for $39.99. Read our full Warranty and Return Policy here.
Can I customize or upgrade the system I’m interested in?
- Yes, you can! Need more storage or speed? We can help customize any computer - just let us know what you need.
Do you do repairs?
- Yes, we do! Even if you haven’t purchased with us. Visit our Repairs/Services page!
Does a refurbished computer have someone else’s data on it?
- Absolutely not. All data-bearing devices go through a rigorous wiping process that meets the NIST Standard 800-88 (U.S. National Institute of Standards and Technology) for data wiping. And you don’t have to just take our word for it– we have been third-party certified to verify our process.
Do you offer discounts for nonprofits?
- Yes, we do! We love our nonprofit partners. Call (763) 548-1743 to ask us about our nonprofit pricing.
Do you sell wholesale?
- Yes we do! Call (763) 548-1743 to ask about special volume discounts.
What does "No O/S" or "No Operating System" mean?
- The operating system is the basic software that is necessary for your computer to function and to run programs that are installed. Units that do not include an operating system will require one for basic functionality.
Where do your products come from?
- Tech Discounts is a part of Tech Dump, an R2 (Responsible Recycling) Certified electronics recycler. Tech Dump collects ready-to-recycle devices and refurbishes them for resale while providing job training and practical experience for adults facing barriers to employment that prepares them to be more valuable employees with an expanding future. Read more about Tech Dump!